Monday, July 29, 2013

Some unintended and pleasant consequences

When I set out to write this blog, my plan was to blog about my training for a half marathon to raise money for HealthEd Connect.   It's been fun to share with folks my trials and tribulations as I train and I've been amazed and inspired by the support I have received so far.  There will be a fundraising update below that will demonstrate that support.

But before I get to the thermometers, I've noticed a couple of other unintended consequences.   First, I've had 3 or 4 people let me know that reading my blog has either helped them start running for the first time or get the motivation to get back into running.   As I've said earlier, getting back in shape and challenging oneself is tough. It's hard to overcome the inertia of our busy lives and to find time to get moving.   I also think hearing about other people taking the leap can be motivational as well.  I hope people continue to share with me their own goals as we all work to lead healthier lives.  

Second, I've reconnected with some friends of mine that I haven't heard from in awhile.   As I've written this blog, I realize that some of my strongest relationships have developed over running together.  I've had great conversations with folks over the years as we've run many miles and blogging about running has reminded me of those relationships.   I guess social media can be helpful at times.

Third, I'm realizing how truly generous my friends and family are.   It's feels great to know that there are people out there willing to support something for which I feel so passionate.   Thanks again to everyone's generosity.    

And now, what you've been waiting for - the thermometers!


ok, so my thermometers aren't as cool as this one

Here's the real thing

                                    

First Goal - $1000          Stretch Goal  - $2000                Mustache Goal - $3000

As always if you want to support my run go to www.healthedconnect.org and click on the button donate now or follow this link.   You'll see "Jeff's run for healthy kids" in the purpose of gift  drop down menu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment