Sunday, July 28, 2013

half way to mustache

We went camping for the first time as a family of four last night.  We camped at Round Mountain Campground in Pike National Forest.    We camped with two other families and had a great time!  There was a bit more rain than we would have liked, but all in all it was a good time in nature with great people.  Next year, we'll have to go for more than one night!

I'm also continuing on with my training despite the camping expedition.  I ran 12 miles yesterday morning before we left and despite being stiff from sleeping on the ground, I managed to do 5 miles today (while pushing Brooks in the stroller, on a wet, gravelly path).    I'm going to start tapering now and am looking forward to the chance to let my body recover a bit.

Most importantly, I got a surprise update on the fundraising front.   Thanks to some very generous donations, I am now at $1505.00.   That means I've met my first goal of $1000, I'm 3/4 the way to my stretch goal of $2000.00 and 1/2 way to my mustache goal of $3000.00.  With less than 2 weeks to go, I can feel the momentum and am hoping we fly past the $2000.00 mark.


And now, the thermometers!


                                    

First Goal - $1000          Stretch Goal  - $2000                Mustache Goal - $3000


As always if you want to support my run and improve the lives of many orphans and vulnerable children in Zambia, Malawi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Nepal then go to www.healthedconnect.org and click on the button donate now or follow this link.   You'll see "Jeff's run for healthy kids" in the purpose of gift  drop down menu. 


Thanks again for everyone's support, I really appreciate it!   (And I appreciate all the comments too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment