Monday, July 8, 2013

Movies that motivate






Had another tough run this morning.   Had to get up at 5:50 in order to get to work on time.   My legs were definitely stiff.

So as I ran today I thought about some of the movies that motivate me and I thought I'd share some clips.  Feel free to add any that motivate you in the comment section.


1.  Hoosiers - This was my go to movie in high school and college.  I would always watch it before volleyball tryouts or a big tournament.  It doesn't get much better than this final scene.



 I'll make it.


I know what you're thinking . . . why would you watch a basketball movie to get motivated to play volleyball?  Have you seen the volleyball scenes?  RIDICULOUS!



Clearly this scene is not about the volleyball. . . and clearly the only time anyone looks like they know what they're doing is when they pan out to the fill-ins.



2.  Karate Kid - I grew up watching this movie.  Who didn't practice the crane kick as a little kid.  



Of course with any sports movie, the most motivating part is the sports montage!   





3.  Say Anything - I know what you're thinking . . . Say Anything???? How is that a motivator.   In college . . . a friend of mine, who will remain nameless for now, would always ask to watch this movie with me when he was about to ask someone out on a date.    Maybe I'll bust out my boombox and serenade Karyn one of these nights.  




In your eyes!




Send me the movies that motivate you.  I'll make a follow up blog with clips from your movies if I get enough.  


5 comments:

  1. Christine is a self-proclaimed "child of the 80's" and had never heard of "Say Anything"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your first two . . . maybe because we watched them together more than a few times. 2 other sports movies that motivate me (and that I will watch anytime I see them on TV) . . . The Natural . . . Field of Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RUDY!!!! Get a clip of the team giving up their jerseys to the coach to let Rudy on the roster OR the slow growing chat of Rudy before the coach decides to pay him in the final game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Running Brave: The Billy Mills Story", if you want to try out a running-specific motivator. For nerd motivation, the "Ride of the Rohirrim" in "Return of the King" always gets me going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas guys. Nice running reference Nathan, I'll have to check it out . . . and I revel in nerd references and motivation

    ReplyDelete