Thursday, August 8, 2013

We Did It!

I have some great news!   After 12 weeks of training, I am just two days from the race.  I feel really good physically and I didn't even overdo it on pasta night!   My parents came to town yesterday so my cheering section is complete.   I think I'm ready.

Even more importantly, I had a fundraising update today that shattered all of my expectations.  In the last week, HealthEd Connect received an additional $1,875 towards my run!

So we blew past the thermometers:

                                    

First Goal - $1000          Stretch Goal  - $2000                Mustache Goal - $3000


and the Grand Total is $4345.00!!!


There's been almost 40 different individuals/families that have contributed.   I think I should have set my goals higher or acquired a few more thermometers. These results are unofficial and I'll be sending out the official count next week after the race, but it's abundantly clear that I have very generous friends and family and that I need to sharpen my razor.   

On a different note, I've been telling Grayson about my run to help kids in Africa who need food and good schools.   He said that he wanted to give some of his money from his piggy bank to the kids.  






Tonight we emptied his piggy bank and he picked how much he wanted to give.   Though he has no real concept of money, he was able to separate his coins into what he wanted to "give" and what he wanted to save.  His "give" pile was much bigger than his "save" pile.   It's so great to see his generous spirit come out.   I need to remember this when he won't share his toys.   

Though I've destroyed my fundraising goal, it's never too late to donate.  If you want to support my run go to www.healthedconnect.org and click on the button donate now or follow this link.   You'll see "Jeff's run for healthy kids" in the purpose of gift  drop down menu.   If you want to learn more about why I'm running for HealthEd Connect click here.  

4 comments:

  1. yay! so proud of my boys! :=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffrey,

    Well done on the fundraising. Now you'd better hit your goal time.

    Hugs,
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Doug. If I don't make my goal time, I'll have to come to Kansas City for some remedial training.

    ReplyDelete