Monday, August 5, 2013

The home stretch - fundraising goal update

With only five days to go before the big race, I have an update to share with you with a couple of caveats.   The most recent donation report has us at $2470 which is well beyond my original goal of $2000 for the race.    $530 may seem like a decent sized gap to close in just a few short days, but due to some technical issues this number does not include donations from last friday on.   I know that there are at least a couple of folks who have made donations over the weekend so we may be much closer to the $3000.00 goal.   The mystery of it all is what makes it exciting!

I have a good feeling about these final few days.    So good, in fact, I am not going to trim my goatee so I can prepare to have a nice, thick mustache for the race if we meet our goal.  

Maybe Grayson will sport an ice cream mustache too!


Regardless of the final numbers, I want to thank everyone for their support in this process.   Your support will have a direct impact on children that are often forgotten because of harsh life circumstances.  Thank you.

And now the thermometers:

                                    

First Goal - $1000          Stretch Goal  - $2000                Mustache Goal - $3000

As always if you want to support my run go to www.healthedconnect.org and click on the button donate now or follow this link.   You'll see "Jeff's run for healthy kids" in the purpose of gift  drop down menu.   If you want to learn more about why I'm running for HealthEd Connect click here.   Because of the reporting process for donations, it's important that if you want to be counted toward the mustache goal, you need to get your donation in by early Thursday morning. 

After this run for HealthEd Connect, I'm beginning to understand why our CPR (Colorado Public Radio) host Ryan Warner gets so giddy around pledge drive time.  Raising awareness and money for something you're passionate about is fun - and Ryan doesn't even get to use donation thermometers!

Ryan Warner you're my hero!!


1 comment:

  1. Go, Jeff, Go! Go, Jeff, Go! Go, Jeff, Go! You are simply amazing! I am in awe of you and all of your family. So many gifts and talents and passions and all for the greater good! :>)

    ReplyDelete