Friday, August 9, 2013

Getting Ready for the Run

Tomorrow's the big day.  The race starts at 8 AM and I'm getting pretty jazzed about it.  I'm also getting a tad more nervous than I have for most of my races.   I'm not sure if it's because of the added pressure of having blogged about the race for the past few weeks or because I've intentionally tried to get faster this time around, or because of all the wonderful support you all have given to HealthEd Connect.   Regardless, it should be a good time.

Our family is staying in Georgetown tonight at this really nice vacation rental.   We took the long way up over Guanella Pass and saw some spectacular views and experienced some spectacular hail!  It was a stormy day today and it looks like it's going to be a chilly 48 degrees at the beginning of the race!

The night before the race, I usually look over the map of the race and go over my game plan.  I'm already clear I don't want to go out to fast.  The only thing I'm debating in my head right now, is how fast should I take the downhills.

Here's the map:




The green graph in the middle shows the elevation change.  It's not completely a straight down hill but it is definitely mostly down hill.  I'm hopeful that the downhill will make for the harder run at altitude.   We'll see what comes on race day.


I feel like I'm rambling tonight, so I think I'll stop now.  I plan on posting pictures and giving you all the play by play tomorrow.   Now I'm off to shave a mustache!  The latest tally is $4504.18!  So close to the shaved head . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment