Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fund raising goal - mustache style

With visitors over the weekend and two sick kids yesterday, the timing for my two consecutive rest days couldn't have been better timed.  

I've already shared one of my goals for this race and "the bet".   Today I wanted to share my fund raising goal for HealthEd Connect.    As I mentioned before, I like to have a spectrum of goals when I run a race and this is also true for my fundraiser.  

Here's the spectrum:

1. Minimum Goal - Raise awareness of all the good things that HealthEd Connect is doing to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable children througout the developing world.  

2. Target Goal - Raise $1000.00 for HealthEd Connect

3. Stretch Goal - Raise $2000.00 for HealthEd Connect

4. Moustache Stretch Goal - Raise $3000.00 for Health Ed Connect






Sample moustache if 3000 dollars is raised





For everyone that has read this blog and visited the HealthEd Connect website, thank you for helping me achieve my first goal. 



We're now ready to work on the next three goals.   To help track my progress I've found this handy little fundraising thermometer.


As I get updates, I will update the thermometer.  You see I've set the thermometer to $2000.00 because I like to aim high.   If you'd like to donate either go to www.healthedconnect.org and click on the button pay now or follow this link.  You'll see Jeff's run for healthy kids in the purpose of gift drop down menu.  


Lastly, my ultimate goal would be to get to $3000.00.     If we can raise $3000.00 before the race on 8/10 . . . I'll run the race with a mustache.   This is a big deal as my wife Karyn is definitely not a fan of the clean shaven look that will come after the mustache and so I'll be in the dog house for a few days as my facial hair returns.    I will definitely take pictures and share with all if we get to our goal.  


2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for a fundraiser thermometer...and fun bets with siblings...and helping kids in Zambia...
    Good luck with the run and keep blogging!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. I hope things are well for you in California. I knew I'd get a few people with the thermometer . . .

    ReplyDelete