Thursday, June 27, 2013

Setting Goals

Super Cheesy Image alert!



When I get ready for races I like to set at least one goal for the race.    This helps me with motivation and also gives me math to do in my head each day as I run as I try to calculate my current pace and the pace necessary to meet a certain time.

http://www.artsyhome.com/product/math-makes-my-head-explode

I also don't just set one time goal.   I like to set a range of goals, so that I can feel like I at least accomplished something.   So here's my first goal for this race.   

Finish the race in 1 hour 40 minutes

Here's the range

Minimum:  Finish the race (not a given since this race is in the mountains)

Goal: Finish in 1 hour 40 minutes ( My personal best is 1:40:49)

Stretch Goal: Finish in 1 hour 38 minutes (edited because I realized 1 hour 35 minutes is impossible) (yikes!)


I'm thinking this might be ambitious.  I'm trying to increase my speed and following Hal Higdon's intermediate training schedule.   So far I'm feeling good, but I have no idea how the altitude might affect me.     Pretty exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment