Monday, January 5, 2015

Heading out

My entries will probably be short after this one as I'm not sure I'll have reliable internet going forward and I'm not sure how annoyed I'll get with typing on my phone.

 I'm sitting at dia waiting to board my plane. There's all the feelings that come with traveling abroad - excitement to see a new part of the world, sadness for saying goodbye to my young family, anticipation of what I will learn, fear that I forgot that one important thing or that I'll have a snafu in my connection in South Africa, hope that I'll have something to offer the women who work tirelessly to boost the health of their communities.   Regardless of the experience I know I will be forever changed. 

I have to admit that I'm a little rusty when it comes to traveling abroad. It's been 11 years since I've had my passport stamped.  I'm happy to be traveling with Jac and Sherri who have so much experience, but I'll admit I've run over my packing list probably twenty times in the last two days.    Here's hoping no big misses. 

Ok. Time to board.  Will try to keep anyone reading this updated as we move along.   Warning, I tend to get philosophical when I travel so beware. 
Here's the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment